Friday, November 4, 2011

4/30

Wow!  Posting every day is hard.  It's late, been a long day, just got home from a community theater performance, a series of monologues by different women.  It was really hard for me to hear so I don't really know what to make of the play, Talking With... by Jane Martin.

I'm making progress on Deco, my November sweater.  I've had one set back, don't know if it's going to be a major one.  I have nine skeins of Rowan Pure Wool DK, just about the right amount of yardage for this pattern.  I finished the first skein, started a second and thought the yarn seemed very thin.  I disregarded the feeling; after all, it's the same yarn, from the same dye lot, how could it be thinner?  After about 10 rows, I held the fabric to the light and saw that it was much thinner in the new section.  I don't know what to make of it.  The yarn is long discontinued.  I bought it at a yarn shop that was sadly going out of business.  I've set that skein aside for the time being.  I think I will be needing it to complete the sweater.  I'm hoping I can use it for the button bands and the neck band where it will be less obvious that the yarn is a different weight. The sweater is coming along beautifully, the pattern is extremely well written and the yarn (that is, all except the one thin skein) is lovely.  I know I promised you an updated photo, but I'm just too tired right now and there is no natural light available.  I'll try to get one tomorrow.

That's all, my friends.  I'm off to bed.

No comments: