Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wavy from Knitty


Wavy #1
Originally uploaded by
rallaronson
My major project at the moment is a top-down turtleneck sweater for DH using Berroco Ultra Alpaca. The yarn is soft and lovely to work with but the miles of stockinette stitch is really getting to me. I decided I needed an alternate project with a pattern to break up the monotony. I had some Reynolds Signature in my stash and decided to use it to make a scarf using Sarah Smith's Wavy from the Winter 2004 issue of Knitty. It's just knit and purl, but it's such an ingenious design. You can see how the pattern is developing after just 18 rows. It's really important to keep track of which row you are knitting and a row counter is recommended. I don't own one so I am making hatch marks on a 3 X 5 card. I can see it's going to be hard to go back to Dick's sweater!

No comments: