Sunday, January 25, 2009

Progress Report

I've been very productive the last day or so. I'm posting some progress pictures to give you an idea of what I've accomplished.

The yarn arrived on Saturday for the skirty for Linny and I got right to work. It now has a ruffle based on the feather and fan pattern. It required a repeat of 17 stitches so I increased four stitches around the base of the skirt and then launched into two repeats of the pattern. I like the effect. I've finished the I-cord tie string and I'm ready to bind off one leg opening. One more leg opening to make ribbing for and this is a done deal.

Mr. Greenjeans now has a completed button band with one button hole at the top of the cable section of the body. I've tried it on and it's a bit tight but I think with aggressive blocking it will stretch a bit. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't switch to the smaller needle to do the cables. I would have done the entire sweater on size 8 needles. I'm about to start the cable section of the right sleeve. And, I have to complete the left sleeve but I feel on track to complete these two items by the time my craft group meets on Thursday.

2 comments:

Sara Rall said...

Love the skirty, the colors look wonderful together!

Lisa said...

Got your message about the sharrow sweater. I haven't made any plans about the pattern but I can give you a copy if you want. It's 7 st/inch but probably easy to modify to worsted weight or maybe the sweater for your son would be larger. Mine is 118 stitches across.