Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Various


I'm happy to report that I have finished the Weavers Wool Mini Shawl. Here's a photo of it blocking. The points on the chevron edging were curling up. I'm hoping that blocking will cure that. I have to give real credit to Patrice of ravelry whose modification of the original design I shamelessly copied. That's the wonderful thing about ravelry; the opportunity to see what other knitters have done with a particular pattern. Patrice also used Berroco Geode, in a different colorway, combining it with Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I had the Geode in my stash and had some Cascade 220 that complemented it. I'm happy with the color combination. Here's hoping the blocking is successful.


I'm sending off another letter and I discovered four $.18 stamps in the $.15 envelope. They commemorate the Space Shuttle. I'm not sure which year they date to. I've combined two of them with a $.08 stamp to obtain the requisite amount. Click on the photo to get a close-up look at the stamps.

No comments: