Sunday, November 6, 2011

6/30

DH and I went to see Tower Heist this afternoon.  A. O. Scott of the NY Times was not enthralled, but I thought it was really funny.  Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy had me laughing over and over.  It's always fun to see a film set in New York because the locations are identifiable and I can say to myself, "I've been there."  The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade was icing on the cake.

I'm moving along on the sweater.  The goal is to finish at least an inch a day and a skein of yarn every three days.  There are nine skeins and if I keep I schedule, I'll be finished by November 27th.  It would be really nice to wear it to Thanksgiving dinner, but I don't know if that is possible.  I've written to Rowan yarns about the defective skein and I've tracked down on line sources of additional yarn.  I don't know if the dye lots will match, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Here's a photo of eight plus inches of sweater with six repeats of the deco pattern.  It will look a lot better when it's blocked:


The "check engine" light is on again in my Honda Civic Hybrid so tomorrow, first thing, I'm off to Carmen the Mechanic.  I had the 100,000 mile check up just over a week ago and he told me I was good to go.  I'm hoping Carmen just forgot to reset the computer.

No comments: