Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, Falling Behind

I joined other knitters at Panera this morning and worked on my Deco for NaKniSweMo.  It needs to be 12.5 inches before I split for the sleeves.  When I arrived it measured 12 inches.  When I was ready to leave (more than three hours later) it still measured 12 inches.  I don't know what to make of it.

It's starting to get cold and windy.  The leaves are falling.  I'm so ambivalent about going off to sunny FL.  It's a lot of work to pack up, a long drive taking several days with two cars and then the adjustment of different house, friends, UU congregation, knit group, gym (and hopefully trainer), etc.  I really don't want to be in New Jersey for the winter but I sure would like to pick up everything that is familiar and comfortable here and bring it with me to Crystal River.  I know that can't happen and I always have a good time once I'm there.  It's just that transitions are tough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Transitions... sigh. They are always tough and it doesn't matter what the transition is. I'm learning more now than ever (when my life is supposed to be settling) that life is forever in a state of change...For some, much like the lava roiling underneath a seemingly dormant volcano. When you look at the big picture, change is good. We would want our lives to be stagnant. Keep your focus on the pleasant life down in FL.